What is e-Learning?
Understanding eLearning is simple. E-Learning is learning utilising electronic technologies to access educational curriculum outside of a traditional classroom. In most cases, it refers to a course, program or degree delivered completely online.
There are many terms used to describe learning that is delivered online, via the internet, ranging from Distance Education, to computerise electronic learning, online learning, internet learning and many others. We define eLearning as courses that are specifically delivered via the internet to somewhere other than the classroom where the professor is teaching. It is not a course delivered via a DVD or CD-ROM, video tape or over a television channel. It is interactive in that you can also communicate with your teachers, professors or other students in your class. Sometimes it is delivered live, where you can “electronically” raise your hand and interact in real time and sometimes it is a lecture that has been pre-recorded. There is always a teacher or professor interacting /communicating with you and grading your participation, your assignments and your tests.
Why Distance Learning?
- Choice: An online education provides the opportunity to study more subjects and reach out to programs that are not available in the immediate area.
- Flexible: Distance learning is much more flexible than traditional styles of classroom education. Students who need to take other classes or work can do class work whenever they have a free moment instead of being restricted to a rigid schedule.
- Networking: Students who enrol in classes with online education obtain a wider range of networking opportunities. Instead of being limited to networking in the local area, distance learning enables students to make connections with a more diverse range of people.
- Scheduling: The schedules for distance learning are more open and allow for students, parents and professionals to take the classes whenever it fits into their schedule. This is beneficial over classroom education that requires students to schedule work and childcare around the class time.
- Money: Online classes typically cost less than an education in a classroom environment. There are less space limitations and materials required for each student and the savings are passed on from the educational institution to each student.
- Effective: Online classes are just as, if not more, effective at teaching students than the traditional classroom style of learning.
Each programme module contains a series of lectures and seminars. These modules are led by tutor whose role is to encourage and moderate discussion, to encourage active student participation, and to provide individual and group feedback. Your module tutor will use online tools such as discussion forums and direct emails to meet the study group and discuss any issues or questions that have arisen from the curriculum.
Each module is delivered to you via:
- Case studies presented in HD-quality video lectures with lecture notes.
- Quick quizzes to test your knowledge on key concepts and theories.
- A revision kit for your reference at the end of each programme module.
- Self-assessed mock assignments to improve your skills in report writing and answering questions.
- Online libraries containing useful resources for your assignments and dissertation research.
- Study anywhere, anytime with our flexible online learning platform
- Live and pre-recorded HD quality video lectures with real-life case studies
Anglia Ruskin University
- BA (Hons) in Marketing (Top-Up) and (Full Degree)
- BA (Hons) in Business Management (Top-Up) and (Full Degree)
- BSC (Hons) International Accounting (Top-Up)
- MA in Marketing and Innovation (Top-Up)
- MA in Marketing and Innovation (Top-Up) inclusive of Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
- MBA (Top-Up) and (Full Degree)
- MBA (Top-UP) inclusive of Diploma in Executive Management
The University of Northampton
- BSc (Hons) International Accounting (Top-Up)
- BA (Hons) in Business and Management (Top-Up)
- MBA (Top-Up)
- MSc in Accounting and Finance (Top-Up)
- MSc in Accounting and Finance (Top-Up) inclusive of Diploma in Accounting and Finance
- MA in Human Resource Management (Top-Up) inclusive of Diploma in HRM
- LLM International Commercial Law
CIM (The Chartered Institute of Marketing)
- CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing
- CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing
- CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing
We offer professional qualifications accredited by internationally recognised academic institutions. With courses including ACCA and CIMA, you will be opening the door to a career at the highest levels of global business.
Choose your programme
Our certificates and diplomas are ideal for students and professionals alike, enhancing your career prospects with a specialised business qualification. Designed to give you flexible learning options, you can complete your course within three months.
Choose your programme
- Accounting, Audit, Taxation & Reporting
- Business Administration
- Digital Media & Marketing Communications
- Energy & Carbon Management
- Entrepreneurship & Management Consulting
- Hospitality, Food & Leisure Management
- Human Resources Management
- Innovation, Product & Project Management
- Investment & Banking
- Leadership and strategic management
- Marketing & Sales
- Operations & Information Management
- Risk Management